1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow identification

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by edb, Oct 7, 2010.

1. edb

edb Junior Member
    from nj

i just purchased a truck with a fisher plow all hydraulic how do i dentify what model it is

i will need angle cylinders any suggestions on where to purchase

ed

2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Post up some pics of it.

3. edb

edb Junior Member
    from nj

here are some pics of the plow

plow truck 001.jpg

plow truck 002.jpg

plow truck 003.jpg

plow truck 004.jpg

plow truck 005.jpg

4. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

looks like speed cast, there great plows have one here and its a 78 0 problems so far,

dosent look to be in to bad of shape. what year truck?

5. edb

edb Junior Member
    from nj

the truck is an 88

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

It's a 7.5' HD Fisher Speed Caster. Speed Casters are also known as "Quick Switch" plows.

7. tiaquessa

tiaquessa Senior Member

I had 3 Fisher Speedcast plows when I was plowing. They were by far, the most durable, and most reliable plows available, hands down.

8. mercer_me

I 2nd that. They were definatly the best plows ever made IMO. They was also the easiest to hook up. Way fast than the Minute Mound and Minute Mount 2 systems.

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You'll just need the dimensions of the rams to purchase new ones. Any Fisher dealer should have them.

10. tiaquessa

tiaquessa Senior Member

Mercer- you know, your right. Once you got the hang of lining up, you could pretty much do it in one shot. The only PITA was if I left the blade outside, and I put it back on when it was cold and snowing.

11. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

Ya, those speed casters were good plows. I really miss my ole "quick switch". They were nice because they were fully hydraulic with a belt run pump. Plus they were powerful and rugged. I remember more than one time getting stuck and actually being able to push the truck out by angling the plow. I do feel the my minute mount 2's are so much easier to put on mercer lol.

12. mercer_me

I did that quite a few times. Them old under the hood pumps had alot of power.

13. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

aah the good old days --when you could figure the system out without having to go online for help! It's the belt-nope it's the line --ooh and wiring the lights was a piece of cake!

14. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

most trouble had was shovels breaking lol