1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow identification and harness question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by joehinvt, Nov 23, 2015.

1. joehinvt

joehinvt Member
    from 44004

Ok all...Now that I have my plow on and working...I want to make sure I know EXACTLEY what I have....Its a minute mount...3 plug 4 port isolation module...Insta-act pump.... It's not a beauty but it works great now that you all helped! lol My question is..MM1? MM2? All the inexpensive (500-800) plows in my area are 2 plug....mine is 3 plug.......AND Is there a harness I can purchase or make that will let me hook to the older 2 plug plows?
    YES!!I have searched the archives!! I didn't find my answer there and I searched a thousand different ways! Just thinking that if i could pick up a 2 plug working plow for 500 bucks and make it work....why not! lol
    Thanks in advance

plow.jpg

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

That is a MM1, I would guess an HD plow by the height but hard to judge in the pic. The older 2 plug plows use relays instead of the module and IMO are undesirable. Also it would be cheaper to convert the plow side from 2 to 3 plug rather than have to separate harnesses on the truck.

If your plow is working I am guessing you just want a back up plow?

3. joehinvt

joehinvt Member
    from 44004

Ok...MM1 3 plug... Thanks...Some one told me MM2 because of the 3 plugs

Yes...I have TWO trucks with push plates and 3 plug wiring but only ONE plow! lol I would like another plow to save me switching the plow from my yard truck to my roadworthy truck!

How hard is it to convert a 2 plug plow to the three wire setup?

4. kimber750

Very simple. Remove the light/control harness. Replace with the two separate harnesses for lights and control.

5. joehinvt

joehinvt Member
    from 44004

Very simple....Just like me! lol Is there a ready made harness to do that then? I am an absolute newbie to all this stuff....I havent even seen a 2 plug plow yet lol Is that the 2 harness's on the plow you mean? Take off two harness's and put on 3? You wouldn't have part # would you? Thanks for all the info Kimber750

6. kimber750

26347 is light harness (not sure if this is only for the newer headlights or not), 26359 is control harness. You leave the harness for plow motor on the plow. Remove the other harness and replace it with the two part numbers above. The older 2 plug system just combined the control function and lights into a single harness.

7. joehinvt

joehinvt Member
    from 44004

Awesome if it's that easy! I can buy the 2 plug plows for lots less around here...Gonna look at the harness prices now... THANKS!!!!!:mechanic:

8. joehinvt

joehinvt Member
    from 44004

Thanks for that info Kimber750! With doing some research I've found Storks plows website...They make a kit With both harness's to change a 2 plug plow to a 3 plug! $140.00... Fisher part # 28053f That makes life simple enough!!! Thanks again and hopefully this helps someone in the future!!

9. kimber750

Gene is a good guy, been up there a few times. About an hour and half from me.