1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow I found at local salvage yard

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by cameo89, Apr 1, 2011.

1. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Its old and kinda cool, almost looks like a Boss VXT
    anyone reconize what it is?

Hope I posted this in the correct thread

plow1.png

plow2.jpg

plow3.jpg

2. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

here is a better front veiw

plow1.jpg

3. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a Diamond V. Are the trip springs horizontal on the bottom. If so it is a diamond.

4. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

X2 on the Diamond. There is fella around me still running one on an early 80's Chevy.

5. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

did you buy it?

6. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I was just at the scrap yard today and a guy was dropping off a complete plow truck with the plow on it.

7. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

No I didn't buy it, really didn't have any intrest to, jus thought it was kinda cool(heavy duty) im sure if I wanted I could get it fir the price of scrap.

8. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

that would be cool to buy cheap fix it up and put a fresh coat of paint one

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Considering neither of my plows are wired for a V, if i found that i would do some fab work to make it into a straight blade and make it fit on a Fisher headgear. OR leave it a V, restore it and make my own attachment system and wiring for a backup vehicle if i ever found one. Old iron is just plain awesome and its sad to think that the plow there is going to be scrapped.

10. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Making an old diamond fit a Minute Mount Fisher is pretty easy once you have done it once. I would love to convert that Old Diamond V to a Fisher minute mount set up and keep it a V though.
    T.J.

11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

There's 2 trucks around here with those. One is a mid 80's K20 Chevy with a flatbed and the other is a similarly aged F250 with a flat bed. I've never seen either used for plowing but they get moved around now and then. No idea if they run or not or what the status of the plows are. I'd never seen one before and then I manage to find 2 of them within 3 miles of each other on the same road.