1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow I.D.?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by DBM, Nov 20, 2009.

1. DBM

DBM Junior Member

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's a very old ST series. The "ST" means "standard". Hope its cheap because the only thing that would do you any good at all is the blade/A-frame itself.

What are you considering mounting it on? Whats the asking price?

3. DBM

DBM Junior Member

I'm looking for a plow for my sidekick, several guys up here in Canada are using them for driveway machines. I'm afraid a UTV style plow isn't going to last me and I can't find squat for used plows here.

I see what's available in the Northeast U.S. craigslists and I'm jealous.
    The guy's asking $800 cdn. You guys pay way less than we do here in Canada.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like I need to haul a truckload of used plows to Vancouver. payup

5. DBM

DBM Junior Member

Time it right and you could retire.

6. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

I built a Plow for a Side Kick using a ATV plow By Moose, I modified the A-frame to support a fenner mini pump, I also reiforced it, as well as the mold board. The blade has held up well for the past three seasons her in New England. The plow was recently removed from the Side kick, due to a accident that totalled the truck. The plow sold rather quickly to another Sidekick owner who travel three hours to get it. I would not hesitate to use a ATV plow, but I would certainly modify it to add strength and a little bit of weight for better plowing ability.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. DBM

DBM Junior Member

Nascar,

I came across you post when I did a search, nice job on that set-up.
    I didn't even think about strengthening an ATV blade, it's certainly something I can do.

I went to have a look at that Meyer today. It didn't get me too excited so unless he lets it go for cheap I'm going to keep looking.