1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Hydrolics 101

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fulltiltwill, Dec 29, 2008.

1. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

Hello guys
    I need some help. Long story short I have a 8-2V conventional style that got destroyed by a man hole cover. I have a 7-6 western straight blade sitting in the yard. I would like to run the pump and lift from the 8-2 that is already on the truck and hook up the 7-6 blade. I have figured out the blade attachment but I need to figure out the new controller to the pump. I am thinking right wing in together with left wing out for angle right. Left wing in together with right wing out for angle left. Up and down should stay the same. Let me know if it is that simple or do I need to do some thing else.
  2. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

I think you will need to do left wing out for right and right wing out for left. Right and left wing in capped.
  3. timmy1

timmy1 Senior Member
    from RI

Pretty sure the 2V will have 2 way pistons while the strait blade will have 1 way pistons.