1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow hydraulics help!

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by RidgeRunner, Nov 14, 2004.

1. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner Junior Member
    from Maine

I am in the process of getting my plow truck ready (65 scout 800) When I first got the truck in the summer, I was able raise the plow...I could not test angle because I didnt not how the hose at the time. Well I had some leaking in the cylinders and decided to pull the pump tear it down and replace the seals. Well with my plow on I can not raise my plow at all. I am thinking I could of put a hose on backwards, or I put the pump back together wrong. Anyone got any suggestions its a old vickers pump.

Thanks

2. RidgeRunner

from Maine

add to that

I'd also like to add that its basicly 4 hoses 2 go to each cylinder that control my angle and 2 hoses to my one cylinder that control the plow up and down. I tried to be careful on marking the hoses but some of my markings got washed off, so I tried to put them back on correctly.

3. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

Man, thats old! Only kidding. Had friend who had several 800's years ago--- kept replacing spider gears!! I had a 72 (newer version) with a 6 cyl...plowed like a monster!!

You could have a hose on backward, but are you sure theres no air in the system??

Its hard to tell if you assembled the pump wrong, but it sounds like the fluid might be bypassing the lift circuit.

Did you say you have power angle also, or is this just an up and down plow??

4. RidgeRunner

from Maine

ok

Ok I do not have the hose at this time to test the angle I had a guy make them up and he gave me the wrong fittings so that will be taken care of monday. Now the up down, there may be air in the system but I suspect that it would still allow the cylinder to move a bit. I am suspecting that I have a hose on backwards because on the clyinder that controls the blade hieght theres a little "do-hickey" that both hoses go into and I bet the line that allows the fluid to travel back on is a on way valce and possibly things are backwards causing no up or down, I am going to head out for a bit and try it swapping hoses to see what happens I'll report back in a bit!

Thanks