1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow hook up

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by JTS Landscaping & Lawn Service, Nov 12, 2005.

1. wondering if you guys could help me when i hook up my blade i alway have to put the rocker switch in the down position in order to lift the tower and stuff. thought maybe there was a wire in the wrong spot. i am getting a hand held controller didnt know if it would work then using the hand held.
  2. ToolMaker

ToolMaker Member

On my V plow with the hand held controller you have to push the down button until it turns red (float ) then you can run the tower
  3. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

how old is your plow? on the older models the switch on the tower didnt raise the tower like the newer ones. you had to flip the switch, not sure which way, they use the controller to raise the tower. a PITA but it worked.
  4. RadHog

RadHog Junior Member

when you put the rocker down. or on the handheld hold the switch till light turns on it places the plow in float and activates the unit outside.... So if your plow is newer its working just fine... thats how they designed them
  5. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Yep, newer models have to be in the float position. :cool:
  6. thanks for your help didnt now if i put a wire in wrong spot or something. yes it is the new model only 2 years old.
  7. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Do you have a picture with your pro-wings installed. I would like to see it as I'm getting ready to install them on my plow.

Thanks in advance
  8. hi eyesell i just had to order new wings wont be here for couple day they got stolen last winter i will post pic of them installed so as they get here. i really like them last year specially for doing roads at condo and parking lots.
  9. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Thanks, I'll post also as soon as mine are on, I was wondering what to expect with the installation.
  10. njgreenkeeper

njgreenkeeper Junior Member
    from n.j.

Can you move tower on standard plow with hand controller
  11. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

You can't move any tower on any plow with any controller.