1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow help

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by bakerc167, Oct 30, 2011.

1. bakerc167

bakerc167 Junior Member

Hey new to the site, Ive just bought a 8 ft mm1 straight blade for my 1999 F350. I was wondering what I needed for wiring. I know i need HB1 light wiring but thats about all I know. I also need push plates if anyone has any. Thanks in advance.

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

ISO or Relay? Does the plow have 2 plugs or 3?

3. bakerc167

bakerc167 Junior Member

Its a 2 plug. Whats the ISO or relay? I havent picked the plow up yet, Ill be picking it up on wednesday.

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

If it's a two plug system, then it's been used on a "relay" system, rather then an ISO lighting system, which is a 3 plug system. The ISO system is what is widely used today on the newer plows. Relays went out in the 90's

Honestly, I suck at relay systems. Someone will pipe in shortly to help you out if you want to go this route.

If you wanted to convert your plow to a 3 plug system and install an ISO system you would need the following:

Push Plates 7159-2
    Light Kit 29050
    ISO 29070
    Power Harness 63411
    Battery Cable 22511
    Motor Relay 5794k-1
    Control Harness 26345

If you don't have a controller, then use part 9400

Plow Side Power Harness 21294
    Plow Control Harness 26359
    Plow Light Harness 26347

5. bakerc167

bakerc167 Junior Member

Is there any reason why to have ISO over the relay? Will the 3 plug ISO work if I leave the plow 2 plug. I'm just looking to get the plow going for this year then buy a newer one and bigger plow next year.

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

Then you would really want to set the truck up for the newer system. All of the newer plows run of ISO system.

^^^^^^^^^On above post, you can eliminate Plow Power Harness 21294. You already have this in place on your plow.

7. bakerc167

bakerc167 Junior Member

Thanks for all the help. Is there any benefit to having the ISO versus the realy?

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Yes, you won't have to upgrade your lighting system again when you trade up to a newer plow.