1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow help

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Louiso, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

okay so 4 years ago i added a truck cutting edge to my atvs plow. Now it has just started to rust thanks to my dog getting sick and peeing where i keep my plow so i have to clean the floor everyday. can i just take black spary paint and paint it then spary a clear water proof spary paint over the black...think it would hold? or should i get everything above the cutting edge line-x'ed and then just every year spray paint the cutting edge?

what you think?

2. diamondwash

diamondwash Junior Member

Why not go with a UHMW cutting edge it doesn't rust as for the blade I would just use Fluid Film on it it does amazing things as well as a rust inhibitor.

3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I take a old candle and a propane touch, heat up the candle and smear wax all over the plow face. snow NEVER sticks to the blade. I do it to my shovels as well but sometimes the snow slides off before you can even throw it. lol Works great......