1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by excavator65, Nov 8, 2010.

1. excavator65

excavator65 Junior Member

i have 2 - 2008 3500 dually chevy crew cab diesel. need to put a plow on it any thoughts i no the whole weight thing so no dealers want to put it on around here, and which plows should i buy thanks !!!:confused:
  2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

An 8.5' or 9' plow would work good on your truck.
  3. excavator65

excavator65 Junior Member

i see your a fisher guy are they good ?
  4. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

what do you plan on plowing.....parking lots,,,,drive ways ...or streets????

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Depends on what you are plowing, dealer support. Personally I would go with atleast a 8'6" plow. I personally would get a boss 9'2'' vee for the truck. But it all depends on what dealers are in your area, and how good they treat everyone.
  6. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i hope he's not plowing driveways with that. id say atleast a 9 footer.
  7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I like Fisher. I have allways had good luck with them. Boss also makes a very good plow IMO.
  8. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

If it's a real dually, ie: a pickup with a bed, then it is 8 feet wide at the rear fenders. Cab & Chassis, which some people also call a dually because of the dual rear wheels, have a much narrower track and can get away with a 8.5. But I'll assume your talking about a dually pickup. Even a 9 foot plow is a little on the narrow side with that long of a wheelbase. With the plow angled it's less than that, then as soon as you turn the steering wheel your rear tires are already in the snow. Mines just an extended cab, and with a 10 foot plow I can turn my rear wheels into the snow too easy. V-plows are effective and have their place, but remember whenever you vee that plow it's getting narrower. At widest it's only a few inches wider than your rear track, and that's if you push snow without angling the blade.

Love them or hate them, I think the 810, XLS or Wideout is the best option for a dually, especially a long wheelbase.