1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow height help!!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by robertvinnie, Dec 15, 2005.

1. robertvinnie

robertvinnie Junior Member
    from CT

I have an older F150 86 with a fisher minute mount plow on it. the older one... The plow operates good but it does not raise up very high. It only goes up about 6 inches or so. How can I make it go up higher??? The pump seems to be working well and is full of fluid so what else would help that problem???? Thanks muchly...
  2. aquamtic

aquamtic Junior Member

Did you check the slack on your chains. If you have some slack adjust to bring it up higher
  3. Kentuckydiesel

Kentuckydiesel Senior Member

Is the cylinder noot going up all the way or is it hitting the stops? _phillip
  4. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

How high do you want it to go up. 6 inches off the ground is not bad for driving around, normally I run with mine blade 3 inches give or take off the ground to get airflow to the radiator.