1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow headlights out

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bcx400, Dec 5, 2003.

1. bcx400

bcx400 Junior Member
    from pa

My plow headlights don't come on when I turn the headlight switch (truck headlights stay on). I have a 2001 f350 and western unimount 8' pro. Can anyone help?

2. Bigcee

Bigcee Junior Member

Sounds like a ground connection problem, lube all connectors with dielectric grease and make sure you have good contact. Good Luck, Bigcee

3. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

Check for ground at the black wire w/ orange tracer. If you have ground check the brown wire for 12volts. In theroy when you turn on your parking lights you have 12volts at the brown wires. When you plug the plow to the truck you complete the ground circuit thru pin 5. This pulls the relays open and transfers the lights to the plow. To check the ground you will have to do a continuity check. Holding the 9-plug in your hand the notch should be on top with the arrow pointing to the right. count over 5 pins from the top left. Pull the ground wires off of both relays so you do not get a false reading. Most of the time it is a ground issue.

4. bcx400

bcx400 Junior Member
    from pa

headlights out

thanks for the replys! Both lamp relays had corroded connections at the brown wire. I replaced both relays and the lights work! Ready for snow!