1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow HEADLIGHTS don't work

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by laaubin, Feb 29, 2012.

1. laaubin

laaubin Junior Member

Can anyone tell me why when I plug in the lighting plug to my plow my trucks headlights go off (as designed) but the headlights on the plow don't??

I have checked all the fuses on the harnesses but they're all good.

I would appreciate any thoughts and ideas on this.

The closest Fisher dealer is quite a distance from my home area so I'd like to try and correct this myself.

Thanks in advance..
  2. Kopper10

Kopper10 Sponsor

What type of electrical system do you have? Is it relay or isolation module? If it is isolation module, do you have 3 or 4 port?

Take care.
  3. laaubin

laaubin Junior Member

It has an isolation module with 3 plugs.

4. Kopper10

Kopper10 Sponsor

Do you know if your Isolation module is 3 or 4-port? Are you having this problem with high beams and low beams? Are you getting anything out of your park and turn signals on the plow? Sorry, I am just trying to narrow down the stuff you would need to check to try and isolate the problem. Take care,
  5. laaubin

laaubin Junior Member

If you mean 3 or 4 plugs it has only 3 plugs numbered 1, 2, 3.

I just went out to mount the plow as its snowing right now.

All of a sudden I have high beams (one I have to bang on the light and it comes on. Must be a loose bulb) The directionals work fine as do the parking lights.

Before there were no headlights at all. Now as I said I have the high beams, but no low beams.

Does this help?

Thanks again for you help and quick responses.
  6. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like bulbs maybe? Ck for power and grounds at ur bulbs and go from there.
  7. Kopper10

Kopper10 Sponsor

I agree with Brad. Always start with the basics. Check plugs for bent pins as well. If all that checks out then you want to check the LOW-VA wire at the C port and the B port for power going into the module. If there is no power then trace the wires back to see if there is any other problem. If there is power, the next thing you would want to check is power at port A on the black and black-white stripped wire to make sure you have power out of the module. If you do not have power out then you probably have an issue with the module. If you have power out then again you will need to trace the wires. Hopefully, you can isolate your electrical issue. Take care.
  8. laaubin

laaubin Junior Member

Thanks guys for the information.

I'll use that to troubleshoot the issue.

Much appreciated..