1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Headlight issue

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by brad11ny, Nov 8, 2011.

1. brad11ny

brad11ny Senior Member

I bought a used Sd that had a headlight harness for a 2005 f150 (h13 socket) I cut it off, and put on an H4 which is what I need for my jeep Tj. When I hooked everything up, the jeep headlights work, but when the plow is plugged in and turned on, the Plow headlamps aren't working. I am getting power to the plow headlamp, but know ground? Any ideas?

2. eric02038

eric02038 Senior Member
    from MA

Did you use a new harness or did you make one? Chance are if you made one there is a bad connection. Do the lights on the jeep shut off when you plug the plow harness into the truck side harness?
  3. brad11ny

brad11ny Senior Member

I figured out my issue, thanks for the reply.
  4. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

Well, don't keep us wondering...what was the solution? Someone will find this when they search for the same problem someday.
  5. brad11ny

brad11ny Senior Member

I didn't realize that the parking lights have to be connected. That is what triggers the truck light to shut off and the plow light to go on.

Thanks for the help!