1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Headlight Conversions

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Fordolet, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Fordolet

Fordolet Junior Member

2. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

I've done this conversion before, but I used HID's instead of standard bulbs. I did it for a customer, and he loves it.

I'd say anything is better than stock sealed-beam headlights.

01SMOKINSD Junior Member

where were you able to mount the ballasts to keep them dry, or were you able to find a water proof set? Would like to do this to my new meyer setup. Lights are pretty goodbut would like brighter.
  4. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

yeah i did mine last year, put HIDs on mine also works wonderful!
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Used to do the conversion on many of the sealed beam applications. Still do from time to time in fact. Just not as many out there anymore. Ran Silverstars in many and some 80/100 PIAA's in some, both with good results.
  6. Fire_n_Ice

Fire_n_Ice Senior Member

Where are you guys mounting the ballasts? I want to do the same to my Wideout.
  7. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

i mounted mine on the backside of the light, on the light tower. no issues with water/snow.
  8. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

If you get a "slim" ballast set-up, you should be able to fit it into the housing.

I was also thinking about doing the conversion, but I figure if I'm going to spend money, maybe I should just go with Intensifier's....?