1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow headlight connector bad

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 96f250, Feb 12, 2007.

1. 96f250

96f250 Member

I've been having problems with the connectors for the headlights, the lights when i have them on keep switchings for the plow to the truck headlights, i think the connector is bad but i wanted another opinion and if i do need to get a new connector where is the best place online to purchase won.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

How have you determend that it might be the head light adapters? If you wiggle the plugs where they plug into the truck harness, do they seem to work consistently? If so then it could be the adapters.But it could also be the connector's on the truck side of the harness.Disconnect them and look at the pins inside the connectors for corrosion on both sides of the connection. If you do decide to replace the plow connector's, Central parts has the Western adapters.Make sure you check your grill connectors too to make sure all the pins are clean and in good shape as the headlight relays are grounded through the grill connectors and would also cause this problem.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  3. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

I had that problem with one truck and called an installer friend of mine, he recommended taking plyers to the truck side plug and giving it a squeeze all the way across the length of the plug to tighten up the female plugs and it should help. So I did and that was two years ago and haven't had a problem since. ;)