1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Has Tripped Forward And Will Not Come Back

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MRUSSELL, Nov 28, 2006.

1. MRUSSELL

MRUSSELL Member

A Jeep Came Into My Shop Today With A Myers Plow And Customer States That The Plow Will Not Spring Back It Is Stuck In The Tripped Position My Question Has Anybody Know What To Do To Allow This Plow To Spring Pack I Believe The Lower Pins Are All Rusted And Not Letting It Go Back And Yes The Springs Are All On It They Are Even Extended

2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Pins maybe bent or warped. Unhook the springs and pull out the pins to check them. Also look for a rock stuck by the pins

3. jfpjr

jfpjr Junior Member

First off, be careful working around the unit. As you loosen up the pivot points (pins) the blade will kick back with some force. I am assuming this is a TM style classic mount as it is a jeep?

If it is the TM, it does sound like the pins are rusted in place. I have not heard of them binding up, but it would be the only point of resistance when the springs are tripped and extended.

If it is not a TM, let me know what blade is on there and I will try to help if I can.