1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow harness and frame prices will it work on diff trucks

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bwbigred, Nov 16, 2008.

1. bwbigred

bwbigred Member
    from nj

i found a used ultra mount pro only a yr old its only the plow part would still need the truck mounting, and all the wiring does anyone have an idea on prices for that so i know if it is a good deal for what it will cost me. Also is any of the wiring univerisal like the isolation module? how much are they new thanks
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Truck side mount and wiring hardware will run you around $1000 or so new.

And yes the much of the electricals are vehicle specific. Like the isolation module and plug in harness's for example. It can also be PLOW specific as well so you need to know exactly what you have (and need) before you purchase.
  3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

sorry if i'm hyjacking but.......i'm looking to install a unimount 9 pin selinoid plow that i just bought today on a 91 GM and it didn't come with anything truckside. it looks like i found all the right wiring that i need to purchase and i wondered if hooking up the lights properly is really worth all the headache or would running a toggle switch be the easier/foolproof way to go?
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The problem with running them on a toggle only is that technically in most states it's illegal, due to the fact that you can't have a possibility of having both sets of lights (truck & plow) operational at the same time.

Now of course there likely isn't many that would give you any question to it, or even be aware of the fact. But it is a law none the less...

But I wont tell if you don't Jay. ;)