1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow guys taking it to new lows this year!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JDiepstra, Dec 9, 2009.

1. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

All I can say is WOW :dizzy:

So far I have plowed twice and I can not believe how unprofessional the snow removal industry is looking this season.

Now I'm not picking on everyone because there are some top notch companies on here but what is going on?

Plowing piles across the street and not even getting them up on the curb.

Using a rear blade to drag the snow out of the driveway and then lift the blade to disperse it in the street as they drive away.

Pileing up snow on my customers entrances (already returned lol).

This morning, I had a guy in an unlettered truck (plenty of these around) heading in the opposite direction as me drop his blade on a main road doing about 40 mph and cover my truck with a heavy, wet spray of slush. I almost turned around on the spot.

You guys who do this stuff know who you are. Knock it off.

The rest of you :salute: Best of luck this season.
  2. sjones

sjones Junior Member
    from ct.

Ok hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. jb3nh

jb3nh Member
    from eastern

had someone hit my truck with slush (dirt, pebbles etc.).. i would have most certainly and immediately responded in absolute and immediate fashion to best communicate my personal displeasure.
  4. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i have seen some one drop there blade and get someone infrount of me. i heard the snow and ice hit the car and sounded like rocks falling from the sky!
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

How is this different then any other year?

I need to try the drop the plow trick!
  6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

As for the rest, must be you were in EGR, saw that all over the place.
  7. JDiepstra

Haha Oomkes. Yeah a lot of that was in EGR. It's pathetic.
  8. JDiepstra

Obviously you are the sort who does this kind of thing. :gunsfiring: :rolleyes:
  9. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I am lucky enough to have some top notch companies in the area and rarely do I run into that problem.

Today on my way back home a county truck was clearing the slush from the center lane on a 5 lane road and I wasn't thinking with my window down an inch or two and got drenched. xysport

Last year I was doing an optomitrist office on a corner lot with city walks and the guy across the street pushes a HUGE load of snow onto my sidewalks. We always have problems with the walks anyway being a corner lot in the city so I had to call the Dr. to tell him there is no way I can handle that snow without bringing in a bobcat at his expense....he said he would take care of it and it never happened again!
  10. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

I WOULD HAVE BEAT THE SH!T OUT OF HIM!!! you know hearing stuff like this is really sad, around here for the most part everyone wants to help everyone else out, with the exception of a few companies (and everyone around here hates those companies anyways) oh well, the ignorant get theirs in the end, usually when they are stuck and need someone to pull them out and you put your blade down to help them with more snow
  11. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Funny story about the city guy's...

We had all the cars moved off the lot so i could finish cleaning up, well they were starting to put the front row back in so one of the sales guy's (in a suit) went out in the front grass to get this wrangler that was parked up there, he gets the door open and before i could yell to him the city truck came by pushing a huge wall of slush/snow, he was covered head to tow and so was the inside of the jeep.. I laughed almost all day about that. I'm sure the guy in the city truck was ready to wreck from laughing so hard..
  12. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

ROFLMFAO I needed that today, thanks you. :drinkup::drinkup:ussmileyflag
  13. sjones

sjones Junior Member
    from ct.

14. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

hilarious! i'm sure he was about to make someone a "great deal" :laughing:
  15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I can see you doing that.:eek: The guy could have just hit the button by mistake.
  16. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Better,I was reaching for my coffee!
  17. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

In all honesty I was.
  18. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

Thats why my truck is un lettered! I don't know if i would be expressing my displeasure with my name and number for all the world to see
  19. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah, I think some of the replies are a little over the top.

Or maybe they just know him.
  20. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Man thats when u bust out the camera phone and take a quick vid/pic, that would of been awesome, suks for the guy but none was hurt so we might as well see the humor in it!