1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow guides?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by vmj, Oct 25, 2009.

1. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Has any one seen or have lighted plow guides? I think this would be a good idea. would like to do this on my plow.
  2. StormRanger

StormRanger Member
    from NorEast

what er they, like little people with lanterns that follow along side your truck?
  3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

some guys used to put string led lights down the orange buyer's fluorescent markers .they looked like the great pumpkin going down the road ,but they worked good till they broke off .
  4. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

i've seen some of the county trucks with them on the main and wings, don't know where they got them though, and they are lighted
  5. Silverstreak

Silverstreak Senior Member

check out jc whitney im pretty sure ive seen those lighted marker guides in there before, not the bores kind, but the kind that glows the whole height

always figured thered be a market for it for the guys who love their lights, but theyd need to be flexible and have a wiring system that could stand up to a good punishment
  6. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

7. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

cool thats what i was looking for... thanks
  8. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

those are pretty cool..
  9. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I have an idea on how to make my own... but i might buy these
  10. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

those lighted ones are pretty cool.

But these have been working well for me..great visibility. I get the 36" ones.

11. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I think im going to make my own with some flex led strips i can buy at advance auto.. it'll give me something to do.... :)