1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Guides

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by MarkEagleUSA, Nov 28, 2010.

1. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

I know plow guides are probably the last thing to worry about but until the snow flies around here I guess I'm getting bored. ;)

I currently have the Western flag style bolted on because of the "cool" factor. However, those damn flags get distracting rolling down the road.

I also have a pair of the older "cable" style but it seems like they are prone to bending and not remaining upright. It doesn't look like they'll stand up to much abuse.

Recently purchased the newer 24"x3/4" poly guides with the reflective tape at the top. These seem to be the best overall choice but I'm wondering about how durable they are as I've seen several of this style rip at the metal bracket.

What is everyone's preference? :help:

2. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

plow markers

http://www.kwikwire.com/plowmarkers.html

I have a set on my wideout since 09/10 season no problems prolly not a good idea for the person who has employees who drives there plow trucks. However as the owner and driver who takes care of the equipment he owns and drives the plow markers will last, you can wire them into your parking lamps or your turn / hazard signals or even an LED flasher

3. international73

international73 Junior Member

i just used a torch to melt out the old western flag that broke, then just stuck a piece of 1/2 white pex line and sprayed it orange!

4. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I have had the poly ones since new (05) on my ultramount and they seem fine. I would definetly get then again.

5. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

DO WANT!!!

Thanks so much for posting that up, you make me happy in pants. BTW, how are those holding up when the blade trips forward and those smack the ground?

6. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

I cant answer that as my blade is tighter than the normal settings it can trip forward but doesnt and I drive my own trip and take care of it and dont have employee's abusing my equipment . The plow guide markers are some what stiff yet a little flexible I would not get a set if you smacking shrubs , bushes or one of those drivers who wants to stack snow 20 ft high with a pickup

7. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

It looks nice but my concern is something happening to the LEDs in the event that the blade trips all the way forward and smacks the ground.

Are the markers ever fatiguing to your eyes after plowing for a while? Got any pictures of your blade with them on?

8. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Well PK The best I can say about blade triping forward and the guides smacking the ground is I Dont Know. I can say that after a season of the Wideout wings slamming in and out as they do when, Every LED still works as if from day one. I have plowed 16 hrs straight and I found that Fatigue did not play a role at all.

KW8.jpg

9. tjslider

tjslider Member

First time I have ever seen something like that.

Gotta get me a set!

10. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

Nice! Now I got to buy some!

11. Mxrider069

Mxrider069 Member

haha isnt this something, Ive made about twenty sets of these over the past few years for a few buddies of mine. I actually have them on my plow too and they do not fatigue your eyes at all. There quite awesome to plow with too. If someone wants a set PM me

12. liftedwood85

liftedwood85 Junior Member

Mxrider.. how much? Tried to pm ya but I guess my phone wontlet me..

13. TwiceStroked

TwiceStroked Member

just what you need

14. liftedwood85

2xstroked ...... go to bed.... you have work in the am..... safety first, more concerned about other raatards not seeing my blade..

15. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

How much is the question everyone is going to have for you. That and they want a picture of them too....

16. Mxrider069

Mxrider069 Member

Im right around the same price as theres. But the ones i build still have the reflective strip on them too.

Im at $75 for a set. I have a picture of one lit up but im not sure how to post pictures.

My email is compes2@yahoo.com, email me and i can send you a picture

17. liftedwood85

Youv got mail

18. Mxrider069

Mxrider069 Member

All replied too

19. liftedwood85

How tall are they?

20. Mxrider069

Mxrider069 Member