1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow going down when in up postion

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plowgirl30, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Plowgirl30

Plowgirl30 Junior Member

Hello Again.
    Question, Plow is going down slowly when it is supposed to be in the up POSITION. we just replaced the packing around the piston and then it worked fine last storm. Last night while he was driving it was going down (creeping) very slowly. Does anyone know what might be causing this to happen? It is a Meyers Quick Lift E-60.

THANKS form Amy In Jersey ; )
  2. wire12xu

wire12xu Junior Member

Leaks down

Try and replace A valve O-rings. If it leaks down to the left it could be the B valve.

Take care.
  3. Plowgirl30

Plowgirl30 Junior Member

O rings

O rings on A and B valve are fine any other suggestions? :rolleyes:
  4. rondoga

rondoga Junior Member

when that happens to my fisher it means there is
    something in the s2 valve
    contamination clean valve then it works
  5. snowgm

snowgm Member
    from MI

It has to be either an external leak in the ram (which you've already looked at) or the A valve or the check valve after the B solenoid.

Save yourself a little time and look for what wire12xu pointed out - if it drifts to the left, clean/check/replace the B check valve. The B check valve is underneath the B solenoid.

If not, did you clean the A valve? If the poppet doesn't seat 100% it will leak (a hair or shaving in there would be enough to make it leak).

Basically, if you can't see anything wrong with the A valve or the B check valve, than you replace them....

If that still doesn't work - than you replace the sump base because that check seat got dinged or there is internal leakage - ouch...

Good luck,
  6. wire12xu

wire12xu Junior Member

plow leaks down

I did have this happen to me with a E57, I did every thing the the book said and more. Replaced B check valve and valve,replaced a valve and pilot check valve. Nothing worked so I got a new sump base,put it together and it's been working fine.

Take care.
  7. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

plow drift down

The only thing holding up plow is the A coil being closed and the piston not leaking hyd fluid past piston into the piston rod area.
    1. Look at the o ring that is between the piston and piston rod. This will cause a slow drift down.
    2. Look at the cyl for pitting. this can cause U cup failure.
    3. See if the small dia O ring is in the U cup.
    4. Clean the A Sol.

There is a web site for Meyer. If you don't have the manual for the E60 get one. If you still cant figure out problem Meyer has a tech line. Call the main number and ask for tech support. They have never let me down.

8. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member