1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow going down really slow??

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by karrar0079, Feb 9, 2011.

1. karrar0079

karrar0079 Junior Member

I've been having problems with the pump on my plow, its a cable style plow, with it going up/down... the plow goes up fast like nothings wrong, but down extremely slow... Whats causing it to go down so slow? its takes a good 30-60 seconds to get all the way down, and wastes time waiting... Any body know a fix to it??
    *also, it an 7.5 foot older plow
    Thanks, Alex
  2. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

stick a concrete block on it, that should make it go down faster!

when was the last time you changed the fluid, would not hink that it would cause it not to go down fast, but you never know..may be dirty or have water in it other then that, or the block :) you may check the cable to make sure its pushing the control back far enough to engage the down completely.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  3. jwkv

jwkv Member

E-60 and E47 have an adjustment screw to comtrol how fast the blade drops. Mine used to unscrew and drop faster as time passed. Used a center punch to modify a thread on the set screw to tighten the screw in the pump and it was perfect. Thanks to B&B. back to the point.. if that adjustment screw is too tight it will drop really slow. Hope that's it.
  4. lowestnowplowin

lowestnowplowin Junior Member

Maybe the lowing cable is longer from wear.