1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow goes up real slow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by markd, Jan 20, 2011.

1. markd

markd Junior Member

my plow onmy mm1 goes up slow but angles fine , what do you think the problem could be?

2. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

When's the last time you replaced/flushed the fluid? Try that first.

3. markd

markd Junior Member

ya, i replaced the fluid before the last storm

4. TerraScraper

TerraScraper Member

Mine is doing the same thing, goes up real slow and down real slow. I think there is a flat head set screw on top of the solenoid box that could be backed out to adjust for this, i tried backing it out a little and seemed to have no effect but after I took it off and compared it to my other plow it is backed out a lot more, although it may only be for dropping speed. Might be something to look into. I just put my back up on and now that is stuck in the up position Grrrr let me know if you figure it out,

5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

could be a bad valve

6. livetoplow

livetoplow Member

Try flushing the system. I had a issue on my plow that it would go up slow. Then we got hit with real cold weather and the plow would not move at all. Found out the fluid was horrible and slush in the fluid as well. Flushed it out and put new fluid. Moves like a new plow now !

7. livetoplow

livetoplow Member

Hey Chevyzrule

Read a few post about your Backdrag Edge. Seems like a solid edge. I saw 2 pictures of how it scrapes ( though it looked like fluffy snow ) and seems to do wonders. What do you have for a price ? After having it for some time now, how do you like it and how well would you say it works ?

Thanks !

8. TerraScraper

TerraScraper Member

Fixed my problem with the slow up and down, turned out to be the screw that is on top of the solenoid box, backed it out a little and that fixed it.

9. livetoplow

livetoplow Member

Ah good to hear you got it fixed !