1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow goes up but not down or left?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by HULK2184, Jan 16, 2009.

1. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

I have a buddy and his plow will not go down, well it sometimes will SLOWLY go down and i mean slow like it may take 1min to come back down. Second is that it wouldnt turn left but now it wont turn either way.

So i took apart the housing and cleaned the filter and drained fluids and put a new arm in bc the one was bent.

It started to go up and down great and turned to the right but no left. After 5mins of up and down action it does the same thing again takes a long time to drop again and doesnt turn, :realmad: will go up almost at normal speed but is still a little slow.:dizzy:

Any ideas on what the problem is or problem'S thanks a bunch
  2. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

and one more thing:

you can move the plow by hand left and right(by pushing or pulling) it is fairly easy to do
  3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like the poppet spring is broken. possibly a valve stuck shifted.
  4. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

I guess he was messing with it and found that the hydro system wasnt filled enough.

THANKS for the help