1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Goes To The Left...

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by DeereFarmer, Jan 31, 2011.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I've slowly been rebuilding my 1995 Diamond plow to try to get it working. When I bought the F350 and plow, nothing was working. I've replaced all the coils (solenoids?) and the plow now goes up and down like new. The problem is it will only angle to the left, no matter if I put the controller to the right or left, it still just goes left. What could it be? I'm stumped! :mechanic::help:
  2. jcombs73

jcombs73 Junior Member

what a coincidence.....I bought a Snoway Predator plow yesterday, hooked everything up, and everything works great, except that I am having the same problem. If it helps any, when I push the button to turn to the right, my plow raises. Any help or input would be awesome...thanks!
  3. jcombs73

jcombs73 Junior Member

ok, after hours looking for a solution, I have come to the conclusion that it is probably a spool valve. Is there anyone out there that can point me to a video or step-by-step guide on how to check/replace a spool valve? I am new to hydraulics and really dont even know what a spool valve is, but I'll research it and see if I find anything....
  4. 94chevy2500

94chevy2500 Senior Member

make sure all the wires are going to the right location, make sure someone wasnt in the screwing with it befor u bought it. check all grounds.make sure u have power to every wire for each funtion if so, check to see if the coils are all working (take them off the coil post and stick a screw driver thru it and hit the each butten and see if the coils becomes magnetic)
  5. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

go to Meyer's website and download the manual for your pump, they have a pretty nice flowchart that you should print and put in the truck.

Also, posting in the Meyer forum will get you better exposure....and likely answers from B&B, that guy knows everything about them