1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow goes down slow???

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by baddboygeorge, Dec 8, 2005.

1. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

plow operates fine but is going down slower than in prior uses please let me know what i need to do to adjust down time thanks
  2. Need to know what kind of plow it is?
  3. baddboygeorge

don hello!!

its a meyers 7'6 with a e-60 pump
  4. have you done anything like change your fluid or connectors?
  5. baddboygeorge

i dont think fluid or connetors has anything to do with a gravity down plow plow operates fine just gravity down is slower than in prior uses
  6. Oh well if you know so much why did you post the question? I was only trying to get some information! Why don't you post your question here where u where supposed to in the first place.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2005
  7. jhook

jhook Senior Member

Yup I had a Meyers that actually would not go down at all at one point - and it was the V plow that weighed like 800#.

There is a little filter in there somewhere, it could be right on the "down" valve. I can't remember exactly. It can clog up. Also VERY important to change your fluid regularly. Another thing that would happen to mine is that in cold weather (like -30) the fluid would thicken and begin to ice up - preventing it from flowing through the filter. Of course this was likely due to moisture build up in the fluid due to lack of regular changing. Also make sure that you use the proper Meyers fluid. Very important.

So ya, you can adjust your drop time by cleaning the filter :) Hope that helps.
  8. mr hydroseed

mr hydroseed Member

That was...

That was awkward and embarrassing!
  9. ??????????????????????????????