1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow getting stuck in angle postition

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by chevykid, Feb 13, 2008.

1. chevykid

chevykid Member

if the plow getts stock in the angled postition does that mean that the hydralics need to be replaced

2. rocknrollrednec

rocknrollrednec Senior Member

I think we're gonna need a few more details, in order for us to help ya out.
    which direction is it stuck? and does the motor run when you hit the switch?

3. chevykid

chevykid Member

it gets stuck when it fully angles left but not everytime and yes the motor runs

4. lehmand1

lehmand1 Member

If its the meyer plow in your signature you're talking about lots of people have had this problem. Have you tried to do a search on it yet.

There are several things it could be

1. C-valve
    2. C-coil- check for magnetism when trying to angle
    3. Quick couplers
    3. Mechanical bind
    4. Bad connection on wires

I'm sure someone has a link (i'll look for it) to the flow chart for diagnosing your angling problem. It's a good place to start.

5. lehmand1

lehmand1 Member

6. chevykid

chevykid Member

to get it unstuck i gota get out of the truck and pull it to the right

7. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

somebody faild to mention that u could have a bent a frame? u could also have worn out pin. take some pics of the thing

8. chevykid

chevykid Member

haha wow u hit it rite on the nose my frame is bent been bent since 2 years ago could that be the problem

9. chevykid

chevykid Member

what pin are u talking about its a meyer classic mount

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The center pivot bolt/hole that the sector pivots on at the front of the A-frame. Head over to the Meyer forum and do a search..use "pivot bolt" or "pivot hole" as your keywords. Lots of info on that subject there.

Could still be a valve or coupler problem though..

11. rocknrollrednec

rocknrollrednec Senior Member

if you can get out of the truck and manually pull it to the right...that eliminates a mechanical binding and bad quick couplers.

I'd betcha it's the C valve. (green wire)
    check and see if it's magnetized when you hit the switch to go right. if it is, then it has power and the coil's good. then remove the coil. if you have to pry it off, then the C valve is probably a goner.