1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow get stuck when angles and vapor locks

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Scottscape, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

plow gets stuck when all the way angled and vapor locks. I chaged hoses, hose fittings and couplers.
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Worn center pivot? does it have the stop blocks added?
  3. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

If your couplers are hard to uncouple then you have a bad coupler.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check to see if the shaft of the C valve is swollen
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not even gonna touch that one. :D

Would also be helpful to know WHICH direction the blade hangs up in.
  6. 76highboy

76highboy Junior Member

my plow does the same thing. i tried two different pumps with same result. i was leaning tward couplers too. mine locks up angled toward driver side. second pump i tried had all new valves and solenoids.
  7. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

I am having the same problem, but why would it still do it with a backup pump?
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

As I already mentioned previously in your case, a bad coupler on the plow side or an over travel issue. Or a bad C valve on both pumps (saw that one many times). A couple temporary stops on the sector can help rule out an over travel condition.
  9. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

My CP-8 would do that after it sat a while between storms. Didn't matter what pump unit was on the truck. Changed couplers, hoses still would do this. These were brand new rams too. I ended up fixing the problem by backing off the gland nuts on the rams a 1/4 of a turn. They were way too tight, haven't had the problem since. No leaks whatsoever. Might be your problem?
  10. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

I have never heard of vapor lock on a plow... Interesting... Good luck in solving your poblem..
  11. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Got mine working, It was the couplers
  12. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

I had this problem at the start of the season. I have the toggle switches for my up and down and then another one for the left and right. I had a wire that fell off the left right switch over the summer and was not letting it get the full voltage to the pump. It was not a fun job to find and it took over a week to find.
  13. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

You could have a bent Aframe too it brings the whole thing out of line and then it will hang up when u get to one side