1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow from '98 Dodge fit '00 Dodge?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TSG, Aug 16, 2003.

1. TSG

TSG Member

I have the opportunity to purchase a 7 1/2 Meyers plow from someone who has a '98 Dodge 2500. I have a '00 Dodge 2500. Will the mounting bracket fit my truck?

Also.. It was purchased last year and it looks good. He is asking $2200. Is this a good price?

Thanks for your help!
  2. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

I think it should fit, but Im not 100% sure. On another note, a 7.5' may be a little small for your truck and do you want a Meyer plow, or were you just considering it because you can get it cheaper than a new one? Id put a more heavy duty plow on a 2500 Dodge, not a 7.5' Meyer plow. Mike
  3. TSG

TSG Member

I am considering it because of the price. I am going to start plowing this year for the first time. I am not looking to jump into it full force this year. I'd like to start by doing some of my lawn care clients drive-ways. Is Meyers not well made?
  4. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

I dont want to cause any trouble like the old days where all we did here was make fun of Meyer plows, but I think other namebrands are better and much more heavy duty. Why not look into a Fisher or a Western. What brand dealers do you have near you? Its always a good idea to live close to the brand you are gonna use. It wouldnt cost a whole lot more to buy new. I think you could get a brand new 8' straight blade plow installed (Fisher or Western) for well under $4,000, of course depending on where you are located. Fishers are trip edge plows and Westerns are full trip plows. Its a matter of preference. Mike

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i beleive they are the same
    nothing wrong with meyers alot of guys on this site have them and are pretty happy

i thinksomething happen to mike when he was a child
    and a meyers plow was part of it lol

6. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Meyer Mount

TSG: although I don't have my Meyer application guide in from of me I believe the mount should bolt right up to your truck.
    The only difference would be which head light system you have, you may have to purchase an adapter.
    Have you checked to see what a new unit would cost you in your area?
    That's what I would use as my guide to if it was really going to be a good deal, and should help you make your decision.
    :rolleyes: John...............
  7. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

That will bolt right up.Here that plow would be about $2500 new.
    I am very happy with my meyers plows and they always work very good.
  8. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

TSG Yes the mount will fity our truck BUT do not tighen any of the mount bolts untill you have got them all in the frame. Dodge frames are notorious for being up to 1 inch off from the factory.

Also. I'm prety sure the headlights are the same but If you can not get the headlight harness to work on your truck, I can tell you how to bypass the system and get them working cheaply and easly. Good luck.
  9. wyldman

wyldman Member

It will bolt right on.The headlamp harness is different as the newer trucks have ground side switching type headlamps.It can be bypassed,or a adapter harness made up to make it work on your truck.