1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow friendly speed bump installation

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hosenfeffer, Jan 27, 2010.

1. hosenfeffer

hosenfeffer Senior Member
    from nh

Have a commercial lot/retail parking/ customer wants a speed bump that my plow won't scrape up that is fairly easy for me to install. It is used more runoff from the only place I can pile snow without piling and pushing 3 or 4 times. It runs into the parking area and freezes overnight. Since I am paid by the season salt/sand every night it freezes and thaws is not working out for me. It will need to be about 20 feet long.
  2. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Are you saying that the reason is to control run-off and not necessarily to slow people down?
  3. Runner

Runner Senior Member

If it is asphalt, find an asphalt company that does infra-red repair. A buddy of mine does this, and these units are nothing but awesome. He can go in and do crack repair, over coating, patching of hokes of any size - including large cut holes and trenching, and when he is done,...you can't even tell it was done...It like welds the asphalt together. The unit melts the asphalt down, and it is then mixed and blended with the new material. With this process, for speed bumps, they are formed so they cannot peel
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Ill second that infa-red paving...incredible results!
  5. hosenfeffer

hosenfeffer Senior Member
    from nh

yeah mainly for water runoff. Speed bump was my idea since paving seems expensive and tough in winter.Thanks I will look into infrared installation in winter in nh?