1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow frame?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by trevier, Feb 23, 2014.

1. trevier

trevier Senior Member

I have a 7.5 super trip edge on my 06 chevy. It sits to low to the ground, can I unbolt the plow mount and raise it up? Right now it's mounted on the lowest holes. I'd like to raise it to get more lift out of it, thanks.

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Measure the height to the pin holes on the truck mount. You're looking for 15.5-16" at the center of the mounting pin holes.

3. trevier

trevier Senior Member

mine only measures 13.5 inches, :confused:

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like it needs to be raised up a couple holes then

5. mega10cab

mega10cab Senior Member

Definitely raise it. Supposed to be 15.5". Mine is 15.75" and it's on the lowest setting.

6. BossEric

BossEric Member

You may not be able to raise it up if your air dam under the truck hasn't been modified or removed . Sometimes our customers request we only notch the air dam to a minimum, and this usually results in only getting 13''-14'' of pushbeam height.The customers that request this are the ones that I advise to get the ''Level Kit'' for the torsion bar keys to raise the front of the truck up to level . This will get the pushbeam to proper height. But the ones that have not problem with the air dam , then we remove or modifiy it to get the pushbeam at 15.5''. Chevy, GMC trucks are built with front end lower to cut the wind , and save on fuel cost .(according to our local dealer)

7. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

You gotta cut the airdam on Furds too.

That pin height spec is there so that when you are plowing, the A Frame is in the designed position - ie level; and that the plow itself is at the designed attack angle.

I never really looked or payed attention to it on the trucks but our Danials plow mounted to a loader - when you have the loader arms too high or low (just like having the pin height too high or low), when you angle the plow, it doesn't remain level - you can actually dig into the asphalt with the corners of the plow.

It's the same theory whether it be a 7.5 Boss on a truck or a 16' Danials on a loader, the plow must pivot thru a point perpendicular to the ground. Yes there is "slop" that allows the plow to follow ground contour and cutting edge wear, but that slop isn't there to account for incorrect mount points.