1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow frame pulling truck frame down 94 K1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by streetfrog, Jan 6, 2008.

1. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

I have a 94 K1500 with an older Fisher setup. The problem I am having is the truck frame is pulling down and splitting at the bottom seam.
    Has anyone else had this problem? It pulled one of the bolts right thru the frame! I made a giant 1 piece flat washer from 3/16 flat stock and drilled 2 holes thru it.
    I then jacked the frame back into position and made a strap from 1/4 flat stock and bolted it from the truck frame to the plow frame. Anyone have a better fix or the same problem?

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

I'm guessing that your talking at the end of the frame on the bottom where the tow hooks would bolt up. This is a common problem with older mounts on classic gm's. There are updates that you can do and the easiest thing for you to do is to go to fishers site and find the latest parts breakdown and install instructions and fab the parts that you dont have already installed with your mount.

3. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

My side plates Don't have that inner tab/ear to mount to side of frame!!! WTF

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Must be a very early production mount. Time to get out the chunks of angle iron and the drill press!

5. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

I had the same problem with my 94 with a Western Uni-mount. I had some thicker steel welded in there and it was better new. As Crash said it is a common problem.

6. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

I have to wait for the welding supply store to open in the morning monday. I am out of wire:cry: I made the straps and drilled out the plow frame to bolt it to. Will weld it also in the morning