1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow frame light question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by FTGUprprtyMaint, Jan 10, 2010.

1. FTGUprprtyMaint

FTGUprprtyMaint Member

About a week ago i noticed while plowing a driveway my park lamps on my western ultra-mount frame were cutting in and out and then they finally stopped working all together. This happened all with in about 3 mins. My signals still work on the frame and so do my headlights highs and lows. All i seem to have lost is the park lamps on both sides. Looking for a little help figuring it out. I figured it wasn't the bulbs because they both went at the same time and i still have signals. Do u think i could have only blown the filament for the park lights in the bulb? Thanks for the help.

2. FTGUprprtyMaint

FTGUprprtyMaint Member

any ideas anyone??

3. Bmxdkj

Bmxdkj Member

The odds of the filaments for the parking lights going out at the same time are slim to none...if thats the case, check it, and if it is the problem go play the lottery because you have good luck. Most likley what it is (and im not familier with the Western Ultra Mount at all since I have all Fisher plows), is the wire that runs into the parking lights so when you turn on your lights on the truck, the parking lights turn on on the plow. Check the connection, usually its wired right into the power wire on the parking light of the truck.

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

2nd that....pretty much. Check your splice where the headlamp harness under the hood connects into your trucks parking lights. It should be a single wire, most likely on your drivers side and if I remember right it's brown. If in question, re do it.

Other things it could be:

1. Make sure the connections are seated firmly at the actual ISO Module.

2. I don't think think this could be your issue where the turn signals are working, but up by your module is fuses for the park & turn signals. On a 4 port there is only 1 set, on the 3 ports there is one off the control harness, and another off the headlamp harness. Atleast there is on mine, not sure what you have for a vehicle and what your setup is.

park.JPG

3. double check your connectors at the grill. A simple piece of ice or dirt could cause a headache.

4. The only other possible cause would be a broken wire within the lighting harness itself. Either truck side between the module and the grill and again between the grill and the plow lights. This is more un likely as it branches off into two wires after the module (one for each side), meaning BOTH wires would have to be broken were both lights aren't working.

I would be willing to bet it's that initial splice into the trucks parking lamp.

park.JPG