1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Frame Interchange F150

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by PARTSMGR, Nov 29, 2009.

PARTSMGR Member

I looked thru the Fisher website and couldn't get a decent answer.
    I have a 1988 F150 and the truck itself is looking rough and there is alot of rust on it...I've been looking at newer trucks....
    What years will my plow frames fit without major mods....
    I know the newest year would be 1996 because ford changed everything in 1997 model years on the F150.

This plow is the one that has the kicker bars that go midway back on the frame to reinforce it.....

2. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

91 is the newest year you can go if you want to swap everything over. The other option is to buy new pushplates for the speedcast headgear for whichever year you buy.
  3. tanker6

tanker6 Member
    from CT

Why just 91? I have seen a couple 92+ 150's running around with speedcast's with the mid frame reinforcements.
  4. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

They are different mounts

After 1992 they use square box frame on front end.

Before 1991 they use rail frame.

If you check your f150 and check 92-96 you would see why it won't work.

Bronco, F150, F250, F350, and F450 before 1991 use same front end frame.