1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow frame height

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by zzzman, Aug 13, 2009.

1. zzzman

zzzman Member

hi i have an old style plow frame on a 95 k1500 chevy. i had a local welding company fab it to fit my truck the right way. my only concern is what should the height be were the plow A frame meets the truck plow frame be at.

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Since you didn't tell us what brand of plow, level the a frame then measure the height to the mounting ears. That should get you pretty close.

3. zzzman

zzzman Member

kind of a hog pog setup. i have a meyer pump and a older western plow. old style plow frame where the front bumper has to come off to mount the frame. from the ground to the center of the hole on each side is roughly 10 inches,

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

There you go! Just make sure the A-frame is level when you take that measurement, otherwise it won't scrape well when angled.