1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow frame height

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by nevrnf, Nov 20, 2007.

1. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

How high is too high for the truck side?? My frame measures just shy of 16" to the center of the hole. Aside from a steeper moldboard angle is thier any down side to this?

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Blizzard specs are 12 1/2 inches to center of push bar. IIRC

Accelerated wear on wing edge is the negative factor on increased pushbar height. Positive factor is more down force for better scraping as the a frame is pushing down in reference to the molboard.

What truck, what size tire, etc?

3. canoebuildah

canoebuildah Senior Member

I just had an 810 installed and I was told that Blizzard recommends 12.5" to 14.5" of frame height. Mine was at just under 12". I had the torsion bars adjustued so it is now just under 13.5".

4. plowboy21

plowboy21 Member

same problem i have a dodge 2500 with 35's and i have a huge gap under the main mold board cause it is sittin on the wings and the mount wont go any lower

5. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

I can drop mine 2 more inches but the shop has a steep entrance over the muni sidewalk. I can back in but would like to drive in if possible.

Plowboy21 my friend had the same issues with his dodge and a boss. He just made some plates to bolt to the crossbar to extend the frame dwon. Been like that for 4 years with no problem.

6. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

You don't want it to high. The Blizzards don't have much play in them, the leading edge will be trying to dig in all the time and wear quicker.