1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for Tractor

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KFX450RXC, Oct 15, 2014.

1. KFX450RXC

KFX450RXC Member

I have a New Holland T2220. 34hp. Hydrostatic. Front end loader.

Since it does have a front end loader, is there such a thing as a plow that I can remove the bucket from the loader and replace it with the plow?

I can keep pushing with the bucket or just keep dragging a blade behind it. But somehow I'm thinking a plow would just be better and quicker for the kind of parking lots I have.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

There was just a thread on this. Tractors and plows.
  3. 98K3500

98K3500 Member
    from WI

You don't say of your loader has a QA or hyd remotes, but if it does it makes adding a snow blade easy,

Check out the set-ups on Tractorbynet's snow removal forum.

Don't know how much commercial you're doing, but if you're using a tractor, a front blade or pusher will make it quicker and easier!

My .02
  4. KFX450RXC

KFX450RXC Member

Been on the tractorbynet forum. Lots of excellent information. I had no clue they had a snow removal section.

Now my next question. I will be plowing nothing but parking lots. No larger than two acres at the most. Many less than an acre. I ordered a 2014 Polaris 850 today with a 60" plow. I plan to use that primarily on the sidewalks and getting everything pushed away from the buildings.

But then what? I have found both plows and pushers for my FEL. I can see the benefit with both. Considering what all I'll be plowing, should I get a 6' pusher or a 6' plow? My tractor does have the four hydraulic connections up front. For my FEL, up, down, open, and close of the bucket.
  5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Plow, or a cage.