1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow for Toyota Tacoma 4wd

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by toytruck1, Jan 9, 2007.

1. toytruck1

toytruck1 Junior Member

I'm looking for a plow for my Tacoma that has the off road package. Does anyone have recommendations for this. I will be plowing only my narrow 100-200yd drive in Santa Fe. The road is always in shade, so it never melts in the winter. Any help would be appreciated. I'm not doing this for income.

Bruce

2. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

what year is the toy?

I have a 6.9' Fisher Minute Mount 1 on my 94. seems to handle it OK with Timbrens, but then again we don't have any snow yet.

3. toytruck1

toytruck1 Junior Member

It's a 2001 tacoma.

4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Here's a plow for your Toyota!

I saw this and thought it may interest you. It's a Complete Fisher Minute Mount for a 2002 Toyota Tacoma

http://worcester.craigslist.org/pts/249906444.html

Guy's name is Ron and here's his number if the ad expires
    508-429-5665 or cell 508-245-2971

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  5. mak

mak Junior Member

I have one for you

If interested I have a 6.5 Western Unimount used 3 times. Call me at 630-886-2428 if you want pictures of it. - Mike

6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

i got all the truck side stuff for a 1995-2004 tacoma. Fisher mount, timberns (brand new) and the two pigtails to plug the head lights into the isolation box.

7. toytruck1

toytruck1 Junior Member

Thanks for the responses so far. The minute mount seems ideal but it is in Massachusetts and I'm in New Mexico. I was also interested in knowing if anyone thought there would be a problem using a small truck like mine to plow. Thanks.

Bruce

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Been sticking 22 series snoways on Tacos all winter. Order it with the poly wearedge, killer driveway machine. Seem to handle the plow well, I know they look good together:cool:

9. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Bruce,

For price and availability you can contact Clark Truck Equipment in Albuquerque. You can find their phone through our dealer locator on our website http://www.snoway.com .

Many satisfied customers running our plows on Toyota's.

10. ToyTruck

ToyTruck Junior Member

Curtis not bad either

Hi TT1,

I have an 03 Tacoma 4x4 4 cyl 5 speed. Works nice with a 7' curtis poly plow. Good for my 800' steep driveway anyhow. I think the Fisher LD should be nice too. If you just do your own, you should be OK with the Toy, Timbrens help

11. ToyotaPusher

ToyotaPusher Junior Member

Toyota is a great plow truck when used for driveways and small venues. Here is a pic of my Fisher Minute Mount. 4 years old and 0 problems.

[​IMG]

12. ToyTruck

ToyTruck Junior Member

looks good TP, is that an LD 6' 9"?

13. ToyotaPusher

ToyotaPusher Junior Member

Yup, 6' 9" LD. I have Timbrens on the front and use 6- 4" solid concrete blocks in the rear for ballast. I load my big snowblower in the back with a couple of ramps and I am good to go. My son is my shoveler.

There are people on this board that would have you think that a rig like this is puny or prone to breakage. Nothing could be further from the truth. I have made a LOT of money with this plow. Fisher makes a great product.

The key is to take on small jobs. Driveways and gas stations. Convienince store here and there. I work the high rent districts where people are willing to pay well for a good job. I average 60 or 80 bucks a drive.

I spent the last 18 months or so in and out of Iraq and lost a large number of my clients, so it's back to the bricks over the summer. I have no doubt I will fill my list again for next year.

Have fun....

14. ToyTruck

ToyTruck Junior Member

I was looking at the LD too. It would have been what I bought except a used Curtis Poly blade (home pro 3000) with Toyota mount fell in my lap for cheap. Just plowed the first 4" of our expected 12"

Good luck, that's a nice rig!