1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for Toyota pick-up

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rtm038, Dec 30, 2004.

1. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Hello all,
    A friend of mine is looking for a plow for his mid 90s Toyota pick-up. I am a Fisher guy so to say, but I think he wants to go with something a little lighter, like a Western or Meyers. Any suggestions (and pics) would be great.

Thanks
    Ryan

2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Blizzard makes an all steel plow for them. Go to Blizzardplows.com for details.

3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

snoway is an option too. I think any of the small plows would be good. Don't know what kind of scraping the snoway would do with downpressure compared to the weight of the Fisher. Go with a good dealer.

4. Snow Encrusted

Snow Encrusted Member

Snow-way there nice and light.Forget the Blizzard there the heaviest. :redbounce

5. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Blizzard for that truck is 380 lbs. Find one lighter and as strong. It is never good to give advice when you do not know the facts.

6. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

No!
    Blizzard would be one of the lighter plows for a Toyota. Don't forget that Blizzard is not another word for 810 they make other plows.

Tell him not to get a Meyer, for many reasons but for weight, they are no lighter then a compareable fisher or western. There are many plows to put on it, Blizzard 720LT, Snoway, Fisher LD 6'9" or LD 7'6", Western SU 6'5" or LSX 7'2", Curtis 7' Poly or Boss 7' Poly. I would skip the Meyer at all costs.

For Pictures of Toyotas with plows, do a search on this site for "Tacoma" or "Toyota", there are plenty of Pictures of them with plows.
    Good Luck :waving:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  7. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Thanks everyone for your input. I'll pass it on to him.

Ryan

8. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Uh, some more Meyer bashing. Yea, they are junk. Only about 95 out of every 100 plows that you see in Central Ohio is a Meyer. Old Meyer's and new Meyers. I've had Meyer's for years, and never a problem with them, except for the problems, that all the other plows seem to have also. If you gave 100 people a million dollars, there would be a percentage that would find a problem with it, the bills were old bills, to wrinkeled, faded, corners missing, you know all that kind of stuff. You are right, Meyers is probably not the best, but it's not the worst. If you want the best, go Blizzard, if you don't have a Blizzard, you have no argument.

9. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Why is Blizzard the best? There is plenty that i don't like about them, thats not to say they are not good.

95/100 plows around here is a Fisher, it all depends on location of manufacturer. Personally, alot of people complain about meyers, they definately don't look as strong as other plows, and their EZ-Mount classic is the worst. Hydraulics are slow in my experience and way too many people tell me that they are unreliable. I don't know objectively what the best is, i have my opinions. What plows are Meyers better then?, i can't think of many. In the end it does not matter what you have gt_racer50, if it gets the job done and moves the snow and makes you money then its not worth bashing.

10. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

You are absolutelyl right, my whole point. It's all in the eye of the beholder. So why do people constantly have to bash equipement? I take care of my stuff, or try to, maybe the bashers don't do that, I don't know. It's all geographical, just like mowers. In some markets, Bobcat is the best seller, others it's Scag, others its Dixie Chopper. The thing to remember is, if it's a piece of junk, it won't be around long, and that's a fact, you can take it to the bank. It's just my opinion that Blizzard is the best, and opinions are just like ***holes, everyone has one.