1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for supercab long bed gas

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pats plowing, Dec 31, 2003.

1. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

I just bought a supercab longbed Gas F350 and was looking at the 8' X'blade, 8.5' Fisher V Plow and the 9' X'blade. This year I am doing only residental 25 drives, but next year we will be adding more residentals and a few smaller commercials. Any suggestions are appreciated.

2. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Go with what you think will look good on it :D

Last edited: Dec 31, 2003
  3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I would not go bigger then 8 or maybe 8.5 a v plow might give more options to small drive ways but then again if you dont get heavy wet snow a str blade is good to

4. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Recommend you look at a Blizzard 810 for that truck. I do driveways with a 3500 dually also and it is way ahead of a straight blade and even better for commercial lots.

5. rewoodworking

rewoodworking Senior Member

western unimount lots on ebay used very nice plow

6. mjmstaff

mjmstaff Member

To be honest I have only owned Western plows but I would suggest the Blizzard 810. Thay look really nice on the new trucks but they do cost a little more. It's hard to find them used.

7. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I have a supercab long bed with a 7.6 Boss. I won't shove getting a Boss down your throat like someone has been doing with "their"product, but I know that Western makes a good plow also.:waving:

8. mudjnky

mudjnky Junior Member
    from nj

After reading all the info here, which is a lot, I'd go with a rear plow(in addition to front). After reading everyones input and checking them out online it seems like the ticket for driveways. As soon as I recover from buying the plow for the front I'm getting a rear also.

Scott

9. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Pat,

Sounds like you are going Fisher and I assume that is because you have a good dealer near you that can give you good support. That is VERY important. I have a 8' straight blade, 2 9' straight blades and a 8.6 V blade. I do not have a 9.6 V so can't comment on that. Out of all of these blades that I have to choose from, I would pick the 8.6V if my route was heavy on the residentials. I plow a college campus but have 6 residential driveways that the college owns that I do and in my opinion, the 9' blades are a bit too big, the 8' straight blade will work fine, The V gives you a few more tools to use to break through large drifts at the ends of driveways with ease or if someone calls you well after the storm is over and has 2 feet of snow they want cleared out of there 300 foot driveway you can usually break through it with the V. The V is also good if you get a driveway with a circle and need to carry snow.

10. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

go with either the 8ft x-blade or the 8.6ft v-plow. i would go with the x-blade:)

11. Tom Smith

Tom Smith Senior Member
    from IL

What are the advantages to a V-plow ?

12. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

V PLOWS let you punch through deep snow drifts they have a scoop position to get around cars in pkg lots they hold up good for heavy wet snow