1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for new body style chevy

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by shoctor, Dec 25, 2002.

1. shoctor

shoctor Junior Member
    from ny

I have a 99 silverado new body style. Used to plow commercially at work but had 1 ton chevys with 8 ft plows
    i am looking to put a plow onto my truck and was wondering if anyone has any experience in doing so. Oh it has the 5.3 and the z-71 short box and of course 4 wd. I was looking into a fisher thati can get used with all the equip for my truck but concerned about the weight.
  2. kawdude

kawdude Senior Member

i would buy a brand that there is a dealer in your area incase you need parts in a hurry. I think most manufacturers make frames for that truck. Is it 1/2 ton, 3/4 ?
    western reccomends i think 7'6" max for 1/2 ton. Timbrens or some type of air bag would help with the weight. I run a 1/2 ton 88 k1500 chevy with a hardmount western 8 footer (7' extended) and all thats done to my truck is the torsions are tweaked, theres a little sag but not too bad.
  3. shoctor

shoctor Junior Member
    from ny

thanks and yes is half ton was just wondering if anyone had any experiences with these thanks