1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for my dump

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by First Responder, Sep 13, 2013.

1. First Responder

First Responder Senior Member
    from 48015

Just picked up a 1999 Chevy 3500 dump truck (2 wheel drive, DWR, salter) Want to get a plow for the truck, but unsure how big I can go. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

2. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

All depends what you are Plowing. We use a f350 drw 2wd dumpy, salter with 9 ft plow plus wings (almost 11 ft) on level parking lots.

3. First Responder

First Responder Senior Member
    from 48015

We plow mostly commercial lots....most are pretty level. We run a blizzard 8600sw on our f350 4x4 SWD with a tail gate salter with usually 2 pallets of salt in the bed, just want to make sure I purchase an appropriate size plow for the truck. This is my first plow truck (husband let me plow with his a few times) ....I am usually out there plowing with the ATV or shoveling....it will be nice this year .....nice & warm...lol....anyway, just want to set this truck up right!

4. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

I would say you need a nine foot plow or the back tires will be running over the snow.

5. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

9 foot straight with wings would be perfect for lots.

6. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Ours is an extended cab and the 9 ft was not wide enough when turning to clear snow from under the duallys, that's one of the reasons it has wings.

Usually works with or close to another truck just in case.

7. joeyg999

joeyg999 Member
    from Kansas

Just got a 95 3500hd

It came with a 9 ft western I am going to get some wings for it as well. This will be the firs year with a 2wd plowing.

8. chesterlawn

chesterlawn Member

The title said, Plow for my dump, I thought you were talking about something else.

9. joeyg999

joeyg999 Member
    from Kansas

That would be a ****** trade