1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for my Chevy?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fgilis01, Nov 18, 2004.

1. fgilis01

fgilis01 Junior Member

I've been thinking of getting a plow for my 95 chevy, and found one on e-bay. Just wondering what you guys thought of the price. It's a 7.5ft sno-way snow plow. Everything looks to be in good condition and the seller says that it has been professionally maintained. Seller also says he used it for 3 seasons and has been just sitting for the last 4 years. Right now it's at about $1100, I was thinking of bidding maybe only a little higher. Any info would be helpful. Thanks
  2. btrussell

btrussell Member

I looked at something like that last year when I myself was getting ready to buy a plow. Is it the kind with the down pressure system? They are supposed to be good for backdragging but I talked to a more experienced plower and he told me that you dont want to backdrag unless needed and he convinced me to go with western and i have been pleased with my ultra mount. Easy hookup and go. For 1100 I'd definetely bid on it and see what happens though.
  3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Either way, you'd better get moving, winter is just around the corner. It's already started for some of the lucky ones. :(
  4. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

I have a sno-way and am very happy with it. Thats a good price for a used one. Check and see if you need new wireing for you truck and or mounts. It might get up there in price.
  5. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Very good and often over looked point on a used plow purchase.
  6. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

FG............Find out EXACTLY which truck it came off of.
    Parts to swap to a different vehicle are VERY $pendy....................
    Push bar $400, Wiring harness $300 & up.............

I just swapped a Western from my 01 to a 04 Chevy.
    The push bar just bolted on...........BUT
    It cost $475 bucks alone just for the different wiring harnesses and switching to the iso. module from relays just because in the difference in years !
    ............geo :drinkup: