1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for my 2000 Toyota Tundra

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RB, Jun 22, 2001.

1. RB

RB Senior Member

I called a Merer Distributor and asked about putting a Meyer plow on my 2000 toyota tundra. They told me that Meyer doesn't make a kit for that model.

Does either Fisher or Western make a kit for this truck? I would prefer a Western if they can do it?

Thanx for the help.

Ron

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I am pretty sure that Western makes one. Not sure about Fisher. I would think you would need a plow like they make for the F150 as the front end is pretty light. Not like the old Toyotas. I suppose you could always have a mount made to accept a plow from any manufacturer. I made one for a truck this way. If you choose this route look at models to make sure that you have enough mounting strength. I know that my Toyota dealer warranties plows on the Tacoma and Tundra. I am not sure if this is a Dealer or Factory Warranty. Good Luck!

3. RB

RB Senior Member

thanx

ron

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

be careful Rb. i know some dealers void the warranty like CTfireman18 said. from what ive seen, most toyotas have sno way plows on them.

5. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Look at Meyers website. They do not list a Tundra plow, but in the plow selection window it looks like a Tumdra at the top to me.

6. Aspen Snow

Aspen Snow Senior Member

My brother in law has a T-100. He had to buy a frame for the Tacoma and modify it to fit his T-100 (Tundra). He put a 7 1/2' Western on it. It has no problems pushing snow. He had to add Timbrens to the front end.

7. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes, I agree. I noticed that before on Meyer web site that it looks like a Tundra on the top.

8. bdemir

bdemir Member

It is a tundra on the top!

9. Tuck11

Tuck11 Junior Member

When I was looking for a plow for my 2000 Tundra, Snow-way was the only one that offered a plow. It is because the front end of the Tundra is kind of light weight and the snow-way with the lexan push board is lighter than other plows.
    I have had the Snow-way on my truck since 2000 and have had no problems.

Mike
    2000 Tundra
    2000 Snow-way 24D

10. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

do you realize that this thread is over 6 years old

11. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Haha... well I was gonna post about the guy who mentioned "warranty" and say that I don't think anything would still be under warranty now, but then I saw when this thread was actually begun.

12. TL697

TL697 Senior Member

Me too, HAHA

I was like "warranty on a 2000 Tundra?"