1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for my 04 TrailBlazer

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cmwplow, Aug 30, 2006.

1. cmwplow

cmwplow Junior Member

I have a question, I was looking at plows for my TrailBlazer, I am planning on using this for my driveway. I was looking at Suburbanite and Homesteader both of these look about the same, then I saw a post about Sno-Way, and this is where my question comes in which plow would best suit my needs?
    Also I have seen lots of post referring to Timbren should I put them on or not?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Use the links at the top of the page to do some research. Use the search feature to research various aspects of snowplowing. Everybody has their favorites, I like snoway, Snofarmer likes western ( me too but don't tell him). Ibelee sleeps with his Meyer, Fisher has slept more places then George Washington.
    The most important thing is what can you get service on. It doesn't matter how good Snoway or Western are, if you cann't buy parts or get service they not worth Bo Diddle squat.
    Timberns are a great idea. they will help your front end a lot. You will find they have other benefits besides the snowplow. better brake though better weight balance. not as much front end bod roll. actually helps prevent understeer caused by front end overload under hard corner braking.
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

LOL: basher, waving: I think your trying to catch my goat!! :D

I have never owned a western plow lol.
    I have a western power unit that replaced my belt driven Meyers on the 74 ..It has been a good and reliable unit.
    I've had a snoway on a jeep, that was a good combination.
    ( I liked it, but don't tell basher):nono:
    it's a good choice for a TrailBlazer.
    I have an 8" Hiniker, It's been a good plow.
    The plow that I like the most is the Boss V plow. You can do every thing a straight blade can and MORE.( very efficent)
    I would recommend getting a V plow no matter who the MFG is.
    But you may be limited by the gvw of your front axle.

Any plow from a major MFG is a good choice.
    Now, the hard part..
    Which one to get!
    which controller fits in your hand the best?
    What deals are out their. Shopping for a good dealer with good service is important too.

A set of timbrens for your TrailBlazer is a good idea.
  4. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

I do not sleep with my Meyer

I sleep on it not with it! LOL

My wife has had a 6'8" SnoWay on her 2004 Trailblazer for 2 seasons.
    She loves it.
    She was doing all the driveways for us.
    When I called Timbren about a set for her truck last year they told me that they did not have anny in production yet but were in the testing phase. They said they would send me a set if I would agree to test them and report back. I never saw them.
    My wife ended up plowing without them and did just fine except for a couple of drives at the end of culdesacks with high pans.
    Since we are getting out of the pushing part of the business, we are selling all our plows.
    Let me know if anyone wants this SnoWay or any of our other plows.
    2 Western 7.5 Ultramount for 2004 Chevy 2500HD
    2 Fisher 8.0
    1 SnoWay 6'8"(24 Series I think)
    4 Meyer 7.5 ST
    1 Meyer 7.5 ST w/ Wings
    1 Meyer 7.0 ST soon to have wings
    1 SnoWay 8.0 Lexan 29 Series
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

OK I knew it was red LOL :dizzy:
    I agree with the Vee, it's kind of a fish and fire thing. You don't understand until you run one.