1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for Merit Service Solutions? Lipinski?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by iPlowNH, Mar 9, 2014.

1. iPlowNH

iPlowNH Member

Does anyone else here plow for Merit service Solutions? Formerly Lipinski? We do Pepboys and a Kohl's and we've been paid very little on the Kohl's and nothing yet on the Pepboy's. We're almost finished with the season and we're getting the run around. They say we are sending you a check this friday but that was 2 weeks a go. No check. Then it was we're sending you 9200 this week. No check. Now no answer to emails or calls.

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

And you're still plowing.........

3. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Cut your losses now....

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Might as well.....LOL

5. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

ferrandino and sons, usm, Lipinski, (insert national management company here) didn't/won't pay me. Wash rinse, repeat. Next march there will be a whole bunch of new contractors saying the same thing. The following march there will be more.

It seems like these national management companies are in business to rip off contractors. You can't stop now or they definitely won't pay you. I'm sure it's in your agreement.

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You say Merit\Lipinski, I say USM.

You say tomato, I say toe-ma-toe.

Good luck, but don't hold your breath.

7. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Not sure why you would sub contract in the first place. You signed up for the screwing when you signed the dotted line.

8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Agreed!.....

9. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

Sorry to hear it. I agree with whats already been said. I'll be curious to see what their new strategy is next year, after screwing everyone this year. Mabey next season, they will pay the first month up front, to get people to sign on, then only screw them for the rest of the season. I will not work for them. Good luck!

10. iPlowNH

iPlowNH Member

thx northern sweeper. It is interesting that while they've paid the contracts that are monthly on time for like lowes that a buddy of mine does for them the ones I have that are billed after the storm they don't pay anywhere close to on time. I got a check this morning for 8000.00. Thats about 20% of what they owe me. I figure they'll still be paying me in August at this rate. I won't do this next year. They were the first national i tried. I don't like it. The only good thing is they were smack in the middle of my existing accounts.

11. Landcare - Mont

Landcare - Mont Senior Member

There's a chance of snow this Wednesday. You could try telling the store managers on Tuesday that you're sorry but you don't think you'll be able to clear their properties because you haven't been paid for work already done.

We've always found it best to clean up collections as much as possible before the last snow event. We love predictions of big snows in late March, early April.

12. iPlowNH

iPlowNH Member

That's a good one. Late storms would motivate payments. This is my first post here. I read a few negative responses. Unproductive. Unfortunately the nationals are here to stay. As i see more and more accounts to to them I've had to accept that I have to find a way to work with them eventually. As many people complain about them they aren't as bad as the contractors that come in and work for even less than what the nationals even pay. I'm in is to make a living. Yes it was nice "back in the day" to make big bucks, name your price, on plowing. Those days are gone. Rather than lament I've decided i will make a good living working with what I've got. Any progressive businessman will do this. I've looked for ways to become more efficient among other things. Do i like the nationals? Not necessarily. No more than i like paying 3 bucks more a gallon for fuel than i did 15 years ago but I cannot change either so i do the best i can. Have a great day everyone and hopefully a very productive spring/summer!

13. Polar_snowNY

Polar_snowNY Junior Member

Merrit dragging out payments

I Could not have said it better myself. I have Received Payments recently but they are running way behind. I also do work for kohls and pep-boys and waiting for money is getting crazy. i feel like i am getting the run around. if they were my primary customers i would of already been in jersey asking them in person for a check

14. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Nationals in plowers clothing? Lol

15. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Huh??? :dizzy:

16. iPlowNH

iPlowNH Member

A few more little checks came in since the original post. They are way behind still. I noticed that they didn't even invoice part of January and the whole month of february until the last two days of the February. This was only after I brought it to their attention a few times. I'm pretty sure they base their pay schedule on when the service was invoiced and not when it was submitted. They finally entered services from the beginning of february on the portal last leek. I figure if they pay "on time" I'll still be getting checks for snow removal in June. I still have a ton of signoffs that haven't been invoiced.
    They'll tell me "we've sent a check for XX amount of dollars. You should get it this week." If a check comes it won't be for the amount they said and it won't come that week. I think they are going under. If they were operating the business correctly there wouldn't be a problem paying contractors.

17. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

?????? What... Its perfect english

18. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

I guess I'd work for a national if I was desperate, glad I'm not at that point yet. When I do get desperate I think I would rather quit the buisiness and go work for somebody else before I go in the hole with the national scumbags sorry just my 2 cents.

19. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

you are not alone i talked with a fellow lipinski/merit whatever vendor this morning he has same issues and it is from pepboys as well. luckily this year all i have is seasonal but any add on have yet to be entered into the portal thus no payment. this goes back to mid december. the only way i have gotten their attention was to refuse to enter a thing in the portal and since they put 10 storms in the portal at once they did not notice until today. i was told they would delay my payment my response was I would hate to see what a delay is since you cant pay any where close to on fing time. i also got a backcharge for who knows what this week instead of the payments i was expecting. no one at merit has a clue what this is from???? and there is no paperwork location type description etc for this back charge.
    hundreds of calls/ emails have gone unanswered and yes i went all the way to the president. im done i believe, clients are mad, vendors are mad, merit cant get their act together its pathetic. cant wait to fail to perform landscape services for them failing to ever pay its a joke. wish you the best and if you want to hop in for the ride to NJ ill make room for u and who ever else wants to go.

20. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

whiffyspark, you reading this?