1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow For Kubota L35

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by oe2x, Jan 27, 2008.

1. oe2x

oe2x Junior Member
    from Oregon

I have a Kubota L35 with a 4 in 1 bucket.

I have 2,700' of gravel driveway on a steep hillside.

I would like to find a way to mount a 7' plow with approx. a 20 degree fixed offset to the bucket. The bucket needs to stay on front of the tractor.

I would like to be able to take the plow blade on and off fairly easily so that I can use the bucket to move snow around the house or the barn at the beginning of the driveway.

I do have a Meyer's backblade, but I don't like using it for snow removal and would prefer to push with the front end of the tractor due to steep hillside that I could fall off of. :D

Any ideas?
  2. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

dont they make a plow setup for your tractor?
  3. oe2x

oe2x Junior Member
    from Oregon

4. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

find an older plow blade and fab it up yourself or have a local welder to it. It shoudnt take much time to fabricate something like that if your willing to go with a fixed position mount. In the end it will probably be cheaper then buying a whole new unit as you can find an old used plow for a couple hundred and I bet it would cost about that again to have it fabed up.
  5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

This is pretty much the only way, if you want to be able to go from plow to bucket and back in no time. If you don't mind spending a few minutes, you could get a Curtis plow for it. I have one on my tractor and takes about 10 minutes to put it on and take it off. The hydraulica are really easy and it is nice to have a hydraulic angle. Just a thought.
  6. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

Maybe Avanlanche could custom make a smaller plow for you. Give them a call.
  7. killed300ex

Even if you wanted to keep the angle I beleive kubota sells a 3rd hydraulic kit that will put hydraulics out on the loader arms that can easily be used to run a plow. Only problem I see with that is how far out in front of the tractor the plow will be if you were to put it in front of the bucket. The leverage back on the loader arms/loader uprights will be very high. Another option would be to but a quick tach attatchment on it and set yourself up with bobcat style attatchments (plow bucket and forks would be benifit as well). I dont think kubota offered a quick tach on the L35 but I know that you can buy them from an aftermarket company then switching between implents will only take 30 seconds
  8. killed300ex

9. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

I assume this means you don't have a quick attach bucket in front? Thats' really what you need to start with. Ask your dealer, there should be ways to fit that in. Then you flip off your bucket and put on your blade.

You could also turn your 3 point blade around and go backwards. (which gets old, but ti's a cheap solution)
  10. jkitterman

jkitterman Senior Member

What about a box plow like Pro-Tech or Artic? I think they attach with the bucket. I don't know what the capacity of your FEL is but that may work.
  11. vtzdriver

vtzdriver Senior Member
    from Vermont

If you don't mind drilling 4 holes in the bottom of your bucket, you can try my solution:

12. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

That's a sweet setup right there vtzdriver.