1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow for jeep

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by JTS Landscaping & Lawn Service, Dec 10, 2005.

1. my buddy had a jeep wrangler and wonts to know what would be a good but light enough plow that would work on it.
  2. thumpper

thumpper Junior Member

I am using a Meyers 6' power angle on a 93 Wrangler 4.0 and works fine. Good for driveways and small parking lots but not for heavy lot or commerical work. If the Wrangler is a 4 cyl don't waste you time...
  3. watchamakalit

watchamakalit Member

I have an older st90 7.5'. But I am kinda cheap.
  4. Oct7brian

Oct7brian Junior Member

I have a 7' Meyer on my 90 and it works great.
  5. Scrambler22

Scrambler22 Junior Member
    from Chicago

I use a Western 7' std on mine. works great. weights in at 500# + 75# for mount.
  6. kstt

kstt Junior Member

That is so wrong. You wanna 4.0, good for you. But folks have been plowing with 4 cyl Jeeps for sixty years, and doing quite nicely. I suggest that any problems plowing with a 4 - banger Wrangler are the result of the operator, not the motor.
  7. muddy00

muddy00 Member

Got to use my blizzard 680, and it was awesome
  8. polplow

polplow Member

6.5 meyer on my jeep, seems good so far
  9. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

I have a western suburbanite on mine and it was the lightest i have found and works fine.....270 pounds and 7'4" wide.
  10. smithb0146

smithb0146 Junior Member

I Need Help!

I have a 1997 jeep cherokee country, with a 4.0L and a straight 6 engine.. i would like to put a plopw on it, iam thinknin a 6.5' meyers plow.. Anyone have any ideas please? You cna post a reply or e-mail me - Botlhead53@hotmail.com...

Thank you,
    Smithb0146 :salute:
  11. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

that some special double engine eddition?? :waving:

jsut messing with you i'm sure we all knew what you meant. anyway i only have experience with the plow I listed above so i'm not one to give advixe problaby.....all I can say is i'm very happy with it and needed no suspention modifications cuz it is the lightest plow out there for our applications.
  12. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

12-10-2005, 01:26 PM
    JTS Landscaping & Lawn Service
    Registered User Join Date: Sep 2005

plow for jeep

my buddy had a jeep wrangler and wonts to know what would be a good but light enough plow that would work on it.

:rolleyes: LOL :rolleyes: you replied to a post that is almost a year old:dizzy:
    I wonder what plow he got last year???

Dated P.s. .I would get a snow-way for the jeep, I had one on a 4.0 yj they worked great together.
  13. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

your kidding right in the 60s alot of people plowed parking lots with small 4 bangers its all in the gearing
  14. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

check out Snoway.com. The down pressure makes these smaller plows work like much larger, heavier ones...... Great plows.....

15. PLOWMAN45

i would go with a western or a curtis i think that down pressure crap is bs and the money they want is crazy
  16. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I am curious what you based your claim on?? It sounds very typical of someone who has no direct experience.

I, on the other hand, have been using them for 4 years, and have extensive time behind them to actually know how they perform.....

I paid $4000 for my first plow.......I would say that is about average....I will continue to use Snoway, mainly because of the productivity the DP provides......

17. PLOWMAN45

im sick off all you guys taking cheap shots on meyers plows i want something thats steel not lexan plastic
  18. Snow-way

I love my snow-way its a few years old and it has a steel blade......It's worth looking into...i think there is a few of us jeepers that have'em...dont recall any complaints.
  19. mach460

mach460 Junior Member
    from n/e pa

I have a snow-way on my 95 wrangler and love it
    no problems here.......oh and it's a 4 banger......
  20. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

First, you guys are replying to a post from a year ago....not
    sure if you were aware of that.

Secondly, the owners manual that came with my TJ
    says that they do not recommend snowplowing with
    a 4 cylinder wrangler UNLESS it's a manual transmission.
    That's probably where the poster got his ideas from.