1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow for Jeep Cj-7

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by newctplower, Oct 16, 2007.

1. newctplower

newctplower Junior Member
    from ct

New here and I've never plowed before. I'm thinking of getting an old cj. Is this a good plow for this vehicle? Any info or other suggestions are appreciated. Plowing my own driveway and maybe a few others.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/pts/447487908.html

Thanks

2. mrmagnum

mrmagnum Senior Member

That set up says it is for a Chevy. You will need a plow and mounting specific to your vehicle. Jeeps are great for plowing in my opinion. I have 2.

3. festerw

festerw Senior Member

If it's going to be a driver be prepared to spend a boat load on rust repair.

4. newctplower

from ct

Thanks

I'll keep lookng but thanks for the advice!

5. newctplower

from ct

Plow Recommendations??

OK, I purchased a '79 CJ-7 today.

It seems in good shape and has a 304 in it but now I need to find a plow. I'd rather not spend a lot of $ as it's for my relatively short driveway (and maybe just a few others).

I've seen conflicting comments on snowbears and snowsports (as these seem to be the ones in the lower price range barring a deal on a used one). I'd be interested in any comments/recommendations as to what to get but I need to keep the cost ~1k if I can.

Thanks in advance for the comments!

6. mrmagnum

mrmagnum Senior Member

Before you spend ANY money on a plow make sure the frame is solid around both the front and rear spring shackles. That is where the leaf springs attach to the frame. I have seen too many Jeeps with alot of rot in these areas.